Advanced Material Science
Arvind’s Advanced Materials Division (AMD) believes in forming integrated and strategic technical partnerships for pushing the boundaries of material science. It has a dedicated ecosystem for innovation and R&D that it has successfully leveraged in bringing many successful fiber-to-fashion products.
AMD also finds partnership opportunities with startups to drive new ideas and gain exclusive access to technologies that reduce environmental impact, enhance product outcomes, and equip the company with market advantage. AMD has a Joint Venture (JV) with the Preiss Daimler Group, Germany to bring world-class materials. It has other such partnerships for bringing the best of material science to its customers.
- Multiaxial, bi-axial and stitched mat glass fabrics – 51:49 JV (Arvind 51) with PD grp of Germany which enabled to bring cutting edge technology of glass fabrics in India.
- JV helped India get optimally priced yet technologically advanced glass fabrics for applications in the wind, marine, industrials.
- More of an export-driven business. 70% of the business is export driven.
- Multiple innovative products which we have co-created used in infra and wind sectors.
- The partnership started in 2010
- Into production of non-woven fabrics using needle punch technology – 74:26 since 2015.
- This enabled us to bring needle-punch technology from Japan to India. This can be used in air and liquid filtration.
- Automotive seat fabric manufacturing 51:49 (Adient as 51% partner). Started since 2018.
- Combines the Textile expertise of Arvind and global Automotive leadership of Adient to provide the best in class automotive seating fabric solutions for the industry.
- The partnership started in 2018
- product: Continuous laminated sheets which can be used in cooling tower, roofing, refrigerated trucks, and recreational vehicles. One of a kind technology with a partner from Turkey.
Arvind Norm JV will provide activated surface carbon required for CBRNE suits. This will enable us to provide locally manufactured CBRNE suits – which would result in better availability and providing the highest quality suit for defence forces. This is a high technology intensive JV with patented product offerings.
- Exclusive license for Nomex, FR inherent fabrics and garments.
- Added our expertise to prepare a complete range of Nomex based protective wear solutions
- 2008 – Partnership started
- Helped Arvind and DuPont become the leading company for FR solutions in India (one of the largest shares in the market)
- For Proban. Treated. FR fabrics and garments.
- Started in 2010.
- Added our expertise to prepare a complete range of Solve based protective wear solutions
Arvind Limited announced a technology partnership with Top Glass Industries S.p.A. (Italy), a global leader in pultrusion technology and composite products. This partnership aims at bringing together the world-class technology of Top Glass Industries S.p.A. and the manufacturing capabilities of Arvind’s Advanced Materials Division (AMD).
Our partnership with Kureha helped us get the technology for needle punch non-wovens from Toyobo. Kureha is a Japanese MNC which manufactures and sells functional materials, specialty chemicals, and plastics.